Immigration Medical Examination
Why is medical examination important?
Who needs to have a medical examination?
- Clinical laboratory workers
- Workers in health care
- Medical students
- Workers in primary and secondary schools
- Workers in home care and childcare settings
- Agricultural workers
- You are applying for a parent or grandparent visa
- You intend to study in Canada
- You lived in certain countries for at least six months within the last year
Who is exempt from medical examination?
The process of medical examination
You may also decide to wait until you receive instructions from IRCC before doing your medical examination. In this case, you have already submitted your application and IRCC` will send you a medical examination instruction at a certain stage in the application process. You will normally be required to do the medical examination within 30 days of receiving the instructions.
- Laboratory test
- Diagnostic test
- Physical examination
- Review of your medical history
- Mental examination.
Requirements for medical examination
- Proof of identification (passport or national identity card)
- A list of your current medications
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses if you wear either of them