Tel / WhatsApp
Immigrating to Canada as An Intra-Company Transferee
Are you employed at a multi-national company with parent, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate enterprises in Canada? You may be eligible to work in Canada with an Intra-Company Transferee (ICT)! The intra-company program allows international companies to temporarily transfer qualified employees to Canada to enhance management efficacy, expand Canadian exports, and improve competitiveness in overseas markets.
Intra-company transferees may apply for a work permit if they are:
- Currently employed at a multi-national company and seeking entry to work in a parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate of that enterprise.
- Transferring to an enterprise with a qualifying relationship with the company they are currently employed at.
- Being transferred to a position as an executive, senior manager, or in a specialized knowledge capacity.
- Employed continuously by a company that plans to transfer them outside Canada in a similar full-time position for at least one year in the three years immediately preceding the initial application.
- Coming to Canada for a temporary period only.
- Adhere to all immigration requirements for temporary entry.
Executive capacity means that you primarily:
- Direct management or a significant component or function of the organization
- Establish the goals and policies of the organization, component, or function
- Practice wide latitude in discretionary decision-making
- Receive only general supervision or direction from higher-level executives, the board of directors, or stockholders.
Managerial capacity means you primarily:
- Manage the organization, department, subdivision, function, or component.
- Supervise the work of other managers or supervisors;
- Has the authority to hire, fire, or recommend these and other personnel actions.
- Exercise discretion over day-to-day operations of the activity or function for which the employee has the authority.
A position in a specialized knowledge capacity requires a high degree of proprietary knowledge and advanced expertise. What exactly does this mean?
- Proprietary knowledge: company-specific expertise related to its products or services. The company has not divulged specifications allowing other companies to duplicate the product or service.
- Advanced expertise: specialized knowledge gained through significant and recent experience with the organization and used by the individual to contribute significantly to the employer’s productivity.
Work Permit Duration
Initially, ICT permits are valid for three years. After that, it is possible to renew for up to five years for specialized knowledge holders and seven years for executives and senior managers. After transferees have reached their maximum work permit duration, they must complete one year of full-time employment in the company outside Canada if they’d like to re-apply as an intra-company transferee.
The average processing time for the intra-company transfer is approximately 2 to 10 weeks.
For more information, visit crestimmigration.ca or contact David Akinmoluwa on WhatsApp at +1(587)-974-8942 or email@example.com.