What Is the Canadian Experience Class?
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the programs managed through the Express Entry immigration system. It is a program that enables people who have worked in Canada for at least twelve months to become permanent residents.
How Is the CEC Different from The Federal Skilled Workers Category and The Federal Skilled Trades Category?
Who Is Eligible to Use the CEC?
In other to be eligible to use the CEC, you must
- have a full-time or equivalent part-time hours skilled work experience in Canada for at least one year within the last three years
- meet the required language skills (writing, speaking, listening, and reading)
- plan on living outside the province of Quebec
However, you are not eligible for the CEC if
- you are working without authorization
- you are a refugee claimant in Canada
- your work experience was gained without the status of temporary resident in Canada.