Can I Migrate To Canada Through The Caregiver Program?
The answer is yes! One can immigrate to Canada through the caregiver program. There are several benefits of this program. For instance, caregivers can bring their families to Canada, caregivers and their families can become permanent residents, and so on.
There are two categories in this program;
- Home Child-care Provider Pilot
- Home Support Worker Pilot
- According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), applications are still open for the Home Support Worker Pilot program. However, for the Home Child-care Provider Pilot program, applications will be recommenced on January 1, 2023.
An applicant can be eligible for this program if they can show proof of
- Official language proficiency
- At least one year of post-secondary education
- A Canadian qualifying work experience of at least 24 months (about 2 years)
- An offer of employment
Official Language Proficiency
The level of language proficiency required for this program is at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5. Please note that the result of the language test must still be valid at the time of application.
Canadian Qualifying Work Experience
There are two main categories under this requirement: Category A and Category B.
Category A (Applicants Without 24 Months of Experience)
Applicants who are eligible but lack the required 24 months (about 2 years) of Canadian qualifying work experience when applying at the time of application will receive an Occupation-restricted Open Work permit (OROWP). Within 36 months (about 3 years) of issuing the OROWP, the applicant must show at least 24 months (about 2 years) of full-time work experience in order to receive permanent residence in Canada.
Category B (Applicants With 24 Months of Experience)
Offer Of Employment
- From an employer based in Canada (excluding consulate, embassy, or high commission in Canada)
- Full-time and non-seasonal (at least 30 hours of paid work per week)
- For a position that is not located in the province of Quebec
- In the occupation of a home support worker or home childcare provider
- Valid and authentic.