Welcome to Crest Immigration Services Inc.

Tel / WhatsApp
Contact Time

Mon-Sat: 9.00-18.00

Applying for a Study Permit From Inside Canada

Canada has a well-established position among the world’s leading study destinations. If you’re in Canada as a visitor thinking about pursuing an education, can you apply for a study permit? The answer is yes!

The following persons can apply from within Canada:

  • Persons studying at the preschool, primary or secondary level
  • Exchange students studying at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
  • Persons who have completed a short-term course or program of study that is a prerequisite to enrolling at a DLI
  • Holders of temporary resident permit valid for a minimum of six months and their family members
  • Holders of valid work or study permits and their family members
  • Refugee claimants and persons subject to an unenforceable removal order
  • Permanent resident applicants and their family members inside Canada who are deemed eligible for permanent resident status
  • Persons whose study permits were authorized by a visa office abroad were not issued at a port of entry.
  • Family members of athletes on a Canadian-based team, media representatives, members of the clergy, or military personnel assigned to Canada.

A family member of a foreign national may apply for a study permit after entering Canada if they reside in Canada and:

  • Hold a study permit
  • Hold a work permit
  • Hold a temporary resident permit issued that is valid for at least six months
  • Are subject to an unenforceable removal order
  • Are a member of the armed forces of a country that is a designated state
  • Are an officer of a foreign government
  • Are a participant in sports activities or events
  • Are an employee of a foreign news company
  • Area person who is responsible for assisting a congregation or group

A study permit is not required for:

  • Completing a distance learning program
  • Following audit courses (where a student is permitted to attend an academic course without obtaining credits)
  • Taking courses included in tour packages as a secondary activity for tourists
  • Taking a course that is not academic, professional or vocational and can be completed within the period authorized upon entry to Canada.
  • Taking a course or a program of study which is six months or less that can be completed within the period approved upon entry into Canada.

When completing your application, you must follow the instructions for applying from outside Canada. Your application will be processed in the same amount of time it takes if you were to apply from your home country, and you cannot start studying until you receive your permit.

If you’re a visitor in Canada with valid temporary resident status and are interested in applying for a study permit, contact David Akinmoluwa on WhatsApp at +1-587-974-8942 or via email at info@crestimmigration.ca.


Share this...
Share on twitter
Share on facebook

Leave Comments